5 pieces of advice
As part of my preparation for 2013, I have been trying to catch up on magazines. Somehow I have gotten behind and there’s a huge stack of them staring at me. One at a time, they will go away.
Anyway, I came across this gem of wisdom in an old issue of O Magazine. It’s simple and brilliant at the same time.
5 pieces of advice everyone ignores but shouldn’t by Martha Beck
1. What leaves you feeling bad, do less of. What leaves you leaving good, do more of.
2. To achieve bigger goals, take smaller steps
3. Lie down and rest for a while
4. When you don’t know what to say, try the truth
5. Free yourself from dysfunctional people by refusing to try to control them